Consent by Training Course for Customers of Vector Informatik GmbH ("Vector") to Data Collection
The protection of your privacy and your personal data are of the utmost importance to us. For this reason, we not only ensure that we comply with data protection and data security legislation, but also pay close attention to security when handling your data. We have implemented far-reaching security provisions and measures in order to protect the personal data that we store against unauthorized access, misuse, destruction and loss.
To ensure that you are fully informed as to how we collect and use personal data, please take note of the following information:
Participation in trainings
As an employee of your company, you have the opportunity to participate in training courses offered by Vector.
Vector’s courses are offered as in-class, e-learning and blended courses. You can enroll yourself and other users for these courses. The provision of personal data, including information required for invoicing purposes (“your data”), is needed for enrollment and for the conduct of courses.
In the case of courses that are, in part, conducted online, your data will, in addition, be used for establishing a user account for you on Vector’s E-Learning-Platform. You, your trainer and our administrators will be able to access this account. Vector will use these data and the related user-generated login statistics exclusively for the purposes of providing the E-Learning-Platform and for enabling and disabling access.
The processing of your data is lawful if you, as the data subject, have explicitly consented hereto (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR) or if processing of your data is necessary for performing a contract to which you are a party or for taking steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR).
Vector will process your data solely for the purposes of preparing and running your courses and thus for the preparation and performance of your course contract pursuant to Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR.
In addition, you consent pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR to the following:
- That Vector may, for the purposes of conducting the courses, transfer your data to affiliated companies and third parties (subcontractors of Vector, e.g. payment service providers)
- That your data may be transferred to third parties (data processing centers) in Germany, in other EU countries and in countries outside the EU (i.e. “third countries”) provided that such countries afford an adequate level of protection pursuant to the statutory provisions.
- That you are entitled to transfer, to Vector, your own data and, where necessary, the data of any other users that you are enrolling
- That you understand that you are entitled to refuse to provide your consent or that you may, at any time, revoke your consent, in whole or in part, with effect from that date forwards. If you refuse or revoke your consent, you respectively the revoking user will no longer be able to participate in any courses. You may withdraw your consent by sending an e-mail to:academy(at)vector.com.
- That you will inform Vector by sending an e-mail to: academy(at)vector.com if participants from your company discontinue the course, their professional role changes or there are any other reasons why they are no longer permitted to have access to training information.
At the end of the course, Vector will only store your data in accordance with its statutory retention and documentation duties. Unless otherwise agreed, your data will then be erased four years later. In order to ensure that you are thoroughly familiar with the collection and use of personal data in connection with training courses and with your rights under legislation governing data protection, please take the time to read the Data Privacy Statement of Vector as well as the following information:
Controller in respect of the website, of the training courses and the E-Learning-Plattform
The controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection legislation of EU Member States as well as other data protection provisions is:
Vector Informatik GmbH
Ingersheimer Straße 24
Phone: +49 711-80670-0
Fax: +49 711-80670-111
Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer Data Protection Officer of Vector Informatik GmbH Ingersheimer Straße 24 70499 Stuttgart Germany
For further information on data protection and data security, please contact: